[CTS] Re: RamDisk freebie

  • From: "Michael" <muirhead@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:29:01 -0800

Uhhh.. yeah, but... well, what I mean is that after the basic OS (eg. DOS's
command.com in old-speak) is loaded, everything - all the command files and
all the supporting .dll's and everything else - that's contained in all the
system directories can be put into the ramdisk and refs to them changed so
it'll all be run/ref'd from there instead of from a HD.

Beats waiting for someone to come up with a HD with nanosecond seek times.
:-)

((U))

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm