[CTS] Re: RAID Change

  • From: "Peter" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 23:08:45 -0400

The backup program just knows about the files. I would get the drives, setup
the raid [I suggest Raid 5], then copy the files from your stripped raid to
your RAID 5, then repurpose your old drives.

500GB drives are going for $65 on newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136073&nm_mc=EMC-IG
NEFL102308&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL102308-_-HardDrives-_-L0C-_-22136073

--Peter