[CTS] Re: Question of the day: Leaving it on 24/7?

  • From: <ATTBI.SUCKS@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 11:53:21 -0500

Jackie,

It would be better to turn off the computer and leave the monitor on.  My
monitors are always on, but the computers and monitors  power down after a
while if not used.  I have a problem with 2 computers with Windows ME, that
won't power down so I turn those computers off and leave the monitor on,
which goes to standby.  The monitor draws very little power when in standby.
My computers are on UPS's that automatically shut the computers down if
there is a power failure.

Gene