[CTS] Re: Page Defrag

  • From: Cuffy <cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 10:51:32 -0700

Sorry but you're asking the wrong guy.
I'm not running XP and if my luck holds I won't have to install it !
Sysinternals is highly regarded with software in use all over the world. For that reason alone I wouldn't hestitate to try it, BUT.......
Some of the old pros on the list are qualified to answer your question while I am not. I passed that link along because I'm a strong advocate of defrag. Keep your ducks in a row and you'll get better performance, yep..... sure will !
I consider any software from Sysinternals safe to try and if it screws up your system you can always scream for help from Russ..... he works cheap !

Shall I add this to the story board along with the WiFi project and the screensaver gig ?
(just kidding, Tee made me say that........... heeheehee)

CRAZYDOVE@xxxxxxx wrote:

Joe..since installing XP on this pc..I've been reticent to use any "system" type program that didn't come with XP, such as this program or others like it. One day..I tried turning off a program that loads that I didn't want, by using MSCONFIG..and when I rebooted Mz XP was not happy..and gave me a message about/regarding the start up process..ie: selective startup etc. So..I reversed my original move and all is well. Am I wrong in letting these programs and XP control these things, by sending up all kinds of "warning" messages?
I would like to use outside system programs for cleanups etc..but I don't want to screw up my install of XP.
Jackie
In a message dated 7/30/2005 10:13:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

    I guess everybody is using this ?