[CTS] Re: Online Cable

  • From: "Eric C. Vogel" <ecvogel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 19:30:58 -0400

If you have RoadRunner. Plug the Cable modem into the Linksys, plug your PC
into the Linksys, power up the linksys, power up the PC and your ready to
go. (assuming TCP/IP is installed and has everything set to obtain info from
server (IP, DHCP ect...)

Do the same TCP/IP settings to each PC, and you should be able to see every
PC. Do note, Win 95 may require the latest Dial-up netoworking to work. (It
also updates the TCP/IP protocol and Winsock files that are the same files
the LAN uses.)

Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 5:44 PM
Subject: [CTS] Re: Online Cable

> That is all taken care of Russ..I am on AOL all day, from morning till
when I
> sign off later at night.  I use AIM to keep me online and so have been
> running ZoneAlarm thru three upgrades. :)
> All the other stuff you wrote will take me time to "digest".  I'm not
> that..up on networking etc.  Actually most of the info you and the others
> here wrote back is greek to me.  Sooooooooo..I will re-read, do some
research
> and hopefully, will finally understand it all.  I apologize for being not
> quite as knowledgeable as some (most) :) of the people on this list, I'm
> trying to learn tho, if that counts!!?!! :)
> Thanks to everyone who gave me info and help, I really do appreciate it.
> will be installing my ethernet card (10-100) from my other pc into this
one,
> I have one in my old 486, and one in my 233, so I'll take the one from the
> 486 and then try to link mine and the 233 my husband uses.  Problem is,
they
> are separated by two rooms, possibly 50 feet approx.  So..I'll work on
what I
> can do with it..if worst comes to worst, I'll pay the 19.95 if he "really"
> can't live without cable too and I get stumped.      :)
>       Thanks again to one and all....         Jackie
>
> In a message dated 4/10/01 3:35:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> rhblake@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>

> > A good free one is Zonealarm at http://www.zonealarm.com
> > and then there are other that someone else will bring up. Norton's
Internet

List HowTo: http://questforcertification.com/cts/faq

http://questforcertification.com/cts/other_cts_lists.htm