[CTS] Re: MyDoom Knocks Down SCO Web Site

  • From: "Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 20:16:26 -0600

Have they treated you or anyone you know like that? Or are you going on the
rumors and propaganda that flow through corporate America, over the internet
and through those channels that hatwe being foiled by having to possibly
slow down or stop their trek towards their goal in hurting corporate
entities that have become sucessful?

They are a business and they make their livelihood from profits. Granted
many make too much profit but of course that's part of the rewards of being
sucessful. I'm not in business to stay poor either although I'm at a lesser
level and closer to my end customer (they are neighbors as well as clients)
so my margin of what you might call profit is less, but then I turn nothing
around into the community either due to minimzed profits and the fact I
could care less since most community events and organizations have no
business existing anyway.

On the aspect of the DDOS built into this worm - it affects more than just
MS and SCO, it affects the overall internet by useless and unnecessary
busrts of bandwidth use, it affects anyone with it on thier machine and it
affects any traffic that might be alternately routed through either
company's server system. It's also like yelling fire in a crowded event -
sure it's funny and cute but can have the end result of getting people hurt
that don't know it;s a prank. In some cases it can be monetarily - some
small business that is infected and isn't aware will have their bandwidth
choked down and might have delays or shut downs resulting in lost profits or
business, maybe even lost customers. These companies likely run child
compnaies that we don't connect with being associated with either but let's
say that the hosting company that Tee uses to host her customers, her
bread-and-butter, is run on servers owned and operated by SCO or MS but not
apparent to the world at large. This DDOS of course will affect her
customer's site, costing them money in lost visibility or orders, and it
will reflect badly on Tee as a business person.

These idiots are nothing more than terrorists of the internet and I hope
they are found and see a nice long prison sentence and that some middle
class working stiff is lucky enough to be the one that collects the reward
for turning this person or person in.

http://www.computertalkshop.com/list_options.htm

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm