[CTS] Re: Most used OS

  • From: "Eric C. Vogel" <ECVogel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:55:18 -0500

Because it isn't as nice to software as XP is.. XP has app compatbility and
2000 was not a standard OS pre-installed by the OEM's. I guess consumers
seeing the price jump at pc stores, that is why. Now that there is Home and
Pro and drop 9x sure helps.

I think people are finally seeing how much better XP is over 9x. (esspecialy
WinME). I do understand that now all PC's can be upgraded to XP therefor you
see tons of Win98, and the fact that WinME was not up to standards, machines
that could go from 98 to ME stayed where they are and will wait for a new PC
with XP when *they* fell they need one.
Thank you,
Eric Vogel