[CTS] Mac Software

  • From: "Eric C. Vogel" <ecvogel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 20:52:41 -0500

I have gotten these for her:
Firefox
Camino (OS X feel to it. Still in beta, from mozilla.org) Both in case
Safari are not the best.
Acrobat Reader7.0.2
QuickTime 6.5.2 (7 is for latest OS only I had to search google which let me
to a support page on apple.com that allowed a download for us people running
older versios)
Java Update from apple.com
10.2.8 update
the security updates except the one below that has a 404
Wind Media Player 9
Firmware for the iMac and the drive
OpenOffice 1.1.2 (from John. M.'s company he works for (ISU)) and 2.x beta
from ISC (Was close enough to ISU) Although server wise ISC is kicking ISU
337kbs to 78kbs

Could not get:
Real (Must download a installer)
Java cause you can only get it from Apple and they want your $$$ to stay
current. Apple is like Microsoft in the past and worse. So darn prorietary
and pushy to new versions.

Did I miss any software? Anything free that she may need? I ordered the 512
meg ram and she will be upgraded to 10.2 and then to 10.2.8
Thanks,
Eric

  _____