[CTS] MP3 Cd problem

  • From: "Murray Reid" <mreid30@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 16:35:33 -0500

I have many cd-r's full of mp3 files that I saved over the years. Some of them are not readable now on my current pc. They were mostly created when I was running W98se, and am now using XPpro Out of about 100 cd's there are about10-15 that can't be read. However when I take an unreadable cd to a computer running W98 it is read without a problem. Unfortunately that pc does not have a burner and suffice to say putting a burner in it is not an option at this time. I'm thinking now this is an operating system problem and not a drive problem. Has anyone else experienced a situation like this and is there any way to make these discs readable in XP ?

** YOUR HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED **
DONATE to Hurricane Katrina victims: http://www.redcross.org/
DONATE Housing (Spare room, shelter) http://www.hurricanehousing.org/

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm