[CTS] Re: Hosting Opinions

  • From: "Eric C. Vogel" <ECVogel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:48:26 -0500

You can use Sazo Consulting Which hosts CTS web.

I use 1 and 1 for the rest. Linux Home

With Microsoft Home you will have issues if you have multiple FP sites.

I have my site as such

\
\sites\BTS
www.beacontechsolutions.com
www.beacontechnologysolutions.com
www.beacontechnologysolutionsllc.com
\sites\oodm
www.ourowndamnmovie.com
\sites\ecv
www.ecvogel.com
and soon
\sites\jazzandcoffee
www.jazzandcoffee.com
\drupal
http://cms.beacontechnologysolutions.com (Note the one 1&1 gives you may not
take up room but is less configurable.
\wordpress
http://blog.beacontechnologysolutions.com (Your own install gives you full
control. Otherwise 1&1 limits the modules and themes)

Eventually when I get how I want the themes and plugins I will set it up in
case I want to run more
\wordpress\bts
or
\wordpress\blogs\vts
or
\blogs\bts

I could install more so long as it supports PHP and the other languages and
uses a MySQL Server.

If you choose to go with 1&1, if you do not mind ping me off list and use my
affiliate link. It will offset my hosting costs...

Just one note, if it says finished installing FP ext. go check in via FTP to
make sure the files are really there. It can take longer than the admin saying
they are finished.

Thank you,
Eric Vogel
Computer Running Slow? Need PC Help? http://www.beacontechnologysolutionsllc.com