[CTS] Help! Network Issues

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <charlesrbuchanan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "CTS" <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 20:30:38 +0000

I'm at a total loss here. We keep losing Internet connection. Have a cisco
(linksys) router wrt160n wireless router.

Had a Netgear router and had the same issue(s). Router shows a connection to
the net. By showing the IP address assigned, but computer(s) still won't
connect and when they do connect, after awhile, the connection is lost.  The
router still shows a connection to the net.

I was thinking about the MAC address and I'm sure the cable modem MAC address
is what Cox has registered, but the MAC adress showing is the router MAC
adress. Tried cloning the cable modem MAC address,  but that doesn't help, also
sometimes the IP address shows up as the lan adress of 192.168.1.xxx.

Any suggestions?

TIA

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm