[CTS] Re: Hardware site.

  • From: "Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 08:26:59 -0600

You mean through this site right? I buy factory refurbs all the time from HP
and they usually work better than new since the post-production bugs are
caught and fixed during the overhaul process. My Officejet G85 is 3 yrs old
now and I have yet to experience a problem other than an error for a color
cartridge - that was because HP has ID's int he 78 cartridges that are
ignored for 2 cycles/carts after the original goes empty in an attempt to
keep the average person from refilling. They make their bread and butter on
the ink, not the machine. Once i figured out a way around it has been
running flawlessly and is used quite heavily. My HP digital camera is also a
factory refurb and no problems, it's 2 yrs old. I bought a ShopVac from Big
Lots years ago that was refurb'd and I completely wore the motor out on that
in my woodshop and doing remodeling, had it 6 yrs of intense use before the
motor died.

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm