[CTS] Re: HP 920 FAX

  • From: "Russ Blakeman" <russ@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 07:34:18 -0600

I can to a degree. The part should be a clear strip that runs through a
sensor on the back of the printhead is called an encoder strip. I checked
the parts list on HP's site and they don't list all of the parts so I can't
give you the part number or price but you can call Part Direct at
800-227-8164 and let them know that you have a HP Fax 920, or modelnumber
C4649A and that you need the encoder strip for it. The price they'll give
you should include free ground shipping and if you want expedited shipping
it's $9.50 more.

I don't have the service/parts manual as it's on cd-rom (p/n C6659-10101 -
$40.00) and probably need to get it. It covers all of the Officejet 5xx,
6xx, 7xx and fax 9xx models and those are the only ones I need to get
certified on yet in the entire printer line for warranty repair.