[CTS] Freebies

  • From: Cuffy <cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:09:05 -0800

1.4 Free Downloadable eBook of Photoshop Techniques

Subscriber Dan Hervey writes, "Gizmo this free PDF eBook is really useful for anyone who wants to improve their digital photos using Adobe Photoshop. It uses a step-by-step approach so it's great for beginners but there's plenty for experts as well." Thanks Dan, I notice it's for version 7 of Photoshop which is now a little out of date. That's OK as most of the techniques still apply to the latest release though you may find that the tool locations have changed. To download this 32MB eBook right click on the following link and select "Save as .."
http://hellnet.perverz.hu/ebookz/Adobe/50%20Fast%20Photoshop%207%20Techniques.pdf

http://www.techsupportalert.com/issues/al_current.htm#Section_1.9

Check out the site
http://www.techsupportalert.com/issues/al_current.htm#Section_0

2.3 The Best Free Disk De-fragmenter

My top recommendation here has long been Diskeeper Lite V7, the last free version of the commercial Diskeeper program now at V10. Or so it seemed until I received this email from subscriber Vashek Weis. "Gizmo I found Diskeeper Lite 8 on a CD accompanying a new Intel motherboard and later when I checked for updates on the Intel site I found Diskeeper Lite 9! To get it you need to download the full version (89MB) of Intel Desktop Utilities. Once downloaded, run the exe to unzip its contents into a folder of your choice. In the directory tree created you will find these folders: .../3rdparty/Diskeeper/ and .../3rdpartyDiskeeper.64/. Works great and the new Performance tab is excellent. In the Readme_EN.txt and in the License Agreement I didn't find any rules prohibiting downloading and using this program (on a single computer), therefore I am assuming there aren't any. Please note that both on my desktop and on my laptop the installation failed unless I uninstalled previous version of Diskeeper Lite." Great find Vashek and thanks for writing. Windows 2000 and later, 89MB
http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/software/idu/