[CTS] Re: Free books......

  • From: Cuffy10@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 21:08:46 EDT

In a message dated 9/15/02 5:52:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
CTS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> It's a freebie
> from ZDNet.com.... I think!!!

Yeah, it is. I've had it for years. Thought I might find a new version so I
cranked up Google and found Webcopier. Webcopier is shareware, 30 day trial,
and a much better app than Sitesnagger. Webcopier opens five files for
download at one time........... when the download is complete it edits the
hotlinks so you can click thru the whole book locally.
I've been using MS HTML Workshop to make Windows Html Help files (.chm) so I
cranked that up and compiled a book, that I downloaded with Webcopier, into a
.chm file.
It makes a neat package for a book. Instead of all the html files, and the
includes, you have one file which after it's compressed by the compiler is
smaller than the sum of the parts.
Kewl gig........ give it a go.............

joe

Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://szaroconsulting.com/cts/list_options.htm

List HowTo: http://szaroconsulting.com/cts/faq

http://szaroconsulting.com/cts/other_cts_lists.htm