[CTS] Re: FW: top news

  • From: Hal <hdbrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 06:18:30 -0500

That is a filter, on the <From> field. The problem is, you have to keep doing that as long as they make up addresses. The ideal is to make one filter that will eliminate them all, at least from this spammer. If there is a key word in the body of the message that is consistent then you could use that.

I know that Eudora is only for those who have acquired a taste for it, but I haven't found a better email client for Windows. Filtering is so easy, and within a short time all mail is going to separate boxes, and all the spam is separated from everything else. I used to use Mutt in Linux. The guy who made it said,
"All email clients suck. Mutt just sucks less."

If I'm in Windows I also use Popman. It has a very small footprint, and will check all your pop accounts, only downloading the headers. You can see just a little of the message with no HTML. I have about four accounts I check. It's amazing how fast you can delete junk and not have to pull it off the server.

Hal

At EST 07:55 PM 12/5/2005, - Elaine Gairy duly noted:
Hal, I've been getting tons of those also lately. I've been blocking them by clicking on tools then block sender. I'm hoping eventually they will stop sending that junk.