[CTS] Re: ECS K7S5A and AMD XP CPU's

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <crbgfblab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:42:18 -0700

Peter,

Just got back from yet another computer store, bought another MB/CPU combo
again! Same motherboard, but this time with the AMD XP 1900+ cpu with fan
for $203 (incl ca. tax).  The manual in it is more up to date than the
manual in the other MB. This one states the board will accept up to the
2000+.

So what I'm planning on doing is replacing the Duron 950 cpu with the XP
1900+, then over the next few days, replace the Slot-A MB I have in this
machine with the new MB and Duron 950 CPU. So with a 7200rpm 80 GB drive,
512 mb ddr-2100 ram and a XP 1900+, I "should" see a difference. (I hope).
Even the way it is now, it seems the 950 machine with all that ram, faster
drive, still it seems that W2K Pro should load way faster, but it seems like
it's the same! :-O

Wish me luck! :-)