[CTS] Re: Do Mac's get viruses and spyware?

  • From: "Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 14:39:28 -0600

http://www.clamxav.com/

  -----Original Message-----
  From: computertalkshop-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:computertalkshop-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Eric C. Vogel
  Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 2:34 PM
  To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [CTS] Do Mac's get viruses and spyware?

  I tried looking all over AOL for OS X for free AV, and spyware would not
work. Keyword security, virus would not work. Comcast McAfee let me
register, costing Comcast $$, to tell me you need Windows and all the hastle
of looking for something to install.

  AOL: No
  SBC Yahoo: No
  Checking MSN: I bet no cause they use McAfee like AOL.

  Well I guess they do not get viruses or spyware. Ross told me of one free
one but it does not really seem to even work.

  OS X 10.2.8. In works to get it to 10.4

  Eric