[CTS] Disk Keeker Lite, Free

  • From: "Eric C. Vogel" <ericcvogel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 13:22:39 -0400

Good News for de-frag problems!
One of the most persistent problems that we are asked about is how to
make a Windows 95, 98 or ME machine complete a defrag operation. As
most of you know, the built in de-fragger often never completes as your
system gets loaded with more and more software because some of that
software interferes with the Microsoft de-fragger and does not it allow
it to finish.

While Microsoft suggests some work-arounds like booting into safe
mode etc, etc. I have never found these to work for everyone and have
conclude that if you really want to solve the problem you have to get a
commercial program  like Norton's Speedisk or Executive Software's
Diskeeper.

The good news is that Executive Software has released a freeware
(my favorite word!) version of their software called Diskeeper Lite.
It is not as fast as the regular version and doesn't have as many
features but it works!

You can download it at:
http://www.execsoft.com/downloads/menu.asp
Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://szaroconsulting.com/cts/list_options.htm