[CTS] Computer won't come back on

  • From: "Cathy in Oregon" <dennis7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 04:22:53 -0700

I was reinstalling Windows in my husbands computer, From the Bios/fdisk on
up. I got to the part where I had to reinstall windows and have the start up
diskette. To make a long story short, we have only 1 CD unit that works for
this purpose, which the drivers for the CD are on the Start up diskette.

After installing the CD unit, and switching the button to turn on the
computer. Nothing happened. Checking all the plugs, making sure its all
plugged in correctly, still no power.

Took the unit out and put back in the Sony CD. Still no power. Have replaced
cords and tried out let and everything we can think of. But still it will
not come on.

This computer is the type when you go to start and tell it to shut down, it
does it on its own. You do not have to push any buttons to turn it off. Just
to turn it back on.

Can any one help me.

Thank you, Cathy

List HowTo: http://questforcertification.com/cts/faq