[CTS] CDRom failures

  • From: "Otho & Shirley" <okinsley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 22:12:32 -0600

    I worked for an electrical engineer years ago--the equipment failed and
he said, "It's probably an xyz relay--it's gone thru 10000 cycles and that's
its mean life."  It was the problem, and I was impressed.
  Now it seems to be CDROMs--in the past month I've seen several CDROMS go
bad.  A "never" used Mitsumi 8x and a moderately used CD-RW; just today. And
a bunch more.  Are there brands or conditions that are the cause?  Anyone
else seeing this?
Otho

Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://szaroconsulting.com/cts/list_options.htm

List HowTo: http://szaroconsulting.com/cts/faq