[CTS] ATX power supply tester

  • From: "Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Computer Talk Shop List" <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 22:03:11 -0500

A friend of mine that gets tons of crap equipment to make good out of for
charity work showed me something he bought a while ago and really helps a
lot especially as crappy as the new power supplies are getting to be - an
ATX PS tester. PowMax, same company that makes power supplies and cases,
sells one that is pretty much standalone and is what he has. Here's a
review, though it downplays it's actual usefulness somewhat:

http://www.monster-hardware.com/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id=
96

Well the quickest way I've found is to get on ebay and search "powmax
tester" and a dozen or so by the same seller comes up - 99 cents with almost
$13 to ship - you think someone wants to avoid ebay's final value fees?

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm