[COMP] Windows 98; Stuck in safe mode and Himem.sys file is missing!

  • From: DGri104879@xxxxxxx
  • To: computers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 12:13:04 EST

I'm stuck in safe mode or something simular. My computer has become limited.
I,m  stuck with 16 colors (it will not let me change it back to 16 bit) and
my cdrom will not work properly. I tried to restore Windows 98 via the cdrom
and my computer will not reconize it. This all started last night after I
uninstalled QUICKTIME and then reinstalled it back from the internet. I just
want to get my computer to run normal again. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Darrel

Get computer help: http://avenir.dhs.org