Re: mysti's dirty dissertation dream

  • From: Leeann M Rudd <Mysti.Rudd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 17:23:16 -0500

and by dirty i mean dirt--the red kind that blows around the high plains of the
panhandle of texas, lodging between your teeth, your nostrils, your dreams.

You'll be pleased to know that I have found the ultimate efficient way of
communicating with one's dissertation director: by dream. yep, good ol mark was
in my dream last night, in his beautiful three-windowed office on the third
floor of sutton. anyway, he told me i need to interview country-western singer
songwriters in order to explore the role of imagination in the creation of
text, and that my big D wouldn't be complete unless I interviewed "the Big
One". But he didn't tell me who it was.  So does anyone want to venture a
guess--my first thought was Willie Nelson--but he could just as easily have
meant Dolly Parton. And, of course, whomever he meant is a stand in for whom
I'm really supposed to interview--maybe someone who actually knows something
about retention--like vincent tinto, or someone who looks like willie (with
braids and all)--or someone who shares his initials--W.N.

I wish I could say that I've been reading so much theory that i've gone half
crazy. (well I could say it, but it wouldn't be true.)  But apparently i spend
my waking time in order to dream (Anyone who's ever read Dorothy Bryant's "The
Kin of Ata Are Waiting for You" will know what i mean by this). But remember, a
dream is what led me to my dissertation director in the first place, so why
can't we communicate via dream sequences? it's even more efficient than
e-mail--especially when i gotta drive ten miles to find a wireless coffee shop
in order to gain internet access.

Tomorrow i drive 700 miles from amarillo to beaumont, after i take shorty and
kiva to the airport at 6 am. I will sing nearly half the way, trying not to
fall asleep, and when I think I can 't take it anymore, I'll turn on the seat
heater and primal scream about all the ducks in my life that just won't line up.

Wish me luck. anyone who wants to call me will be paid 10 cents a minute.

Mysti
-----