Update on Mysti

  • From: "Kathleen J. Klompien" <kklompien@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: IUP list <comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:44:33 -0700

Hey All,
I just got of the phone with Mysti--who's cell phone isn't working. She,
Sean, Sky, & Jerry are out of Pt. Arthur, but it took them about 7 hours to
go five miles and more than one attempt to finally get to a friend's lake
house north of Jasper--not in the direct path of Rita. She described the
trip as apocalyptic--people walking along to road, cars jammed with people,
the air stifling, and people who just couldn't take (or who had run out of
gas) were pulled over to the side of the road. On top of it all, it's just
insanely hot and, of course, humid. This spot she's at has been overrun with
friends of friends and some of the "guests" are being encouraged to get back
on the road and head for Dallas. I guess the thought is that there are too
many people and not enough supplies. However, Mysti's plan is to stay there,
hunker down and ride out the storm.
If I hear more, I'll let you know.
--Kathleen

--
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world [â] the point is to change
it." --Karl Marx