RE: Rally 'round Kathleen!

  • From: "andrea wynn" <wynn72@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 08:50:33 -0400

Yeah, I forgot the rallying part in all my moaning about myself! True dat, what Amy said. And won't you be working with new tutors? You can touch even more people with your brilliance.

Andrea

From:  ms lynch <amy.wordnerd@xxxxxxxxx>
To:  comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Rally 'round Kathleen!
Date:  Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:29:12 -0500

Ok, gang, as Dr. Phil is not on this listserv (and I ain't invitin'
him!),  let's rally to cheer on Kathleen! My contribution:
Even dudes and bleached blondes are dysfuntional--just in different
ways from your former students. Trust me, I teach girls with
bought-boobs and rows of white boys in big pants and baseball caps:
they need good teachers, too! Soon enough they will reveal this new set
of needs to you, and you will feel useful, needed, productive. You will
be a great asset to these kids!

On 8/31/05, Kathleen J. Klompien <kklompien@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am about as happy
as an Eyeore. I am really wondering why I did this crazy thing. I miss
my tutors and fellow CSLAers TERRIBLY. This is the land of dudes,
cowboys, bare midriffs and bleach blondes. It will get better, it will,
it will, but right now I am missing the hunger and the drive of my old
dirty dysfunctional campus. I think I am supposed to be a problem
solver--I am so used to dysfunction that I don't know what to do
without it.  I am sure that things will get better once I see some
students who need me, but help me Dr. Phil! Why am I so bad at being in
a stable environment??
kath