Listserv business

  • From: ms lynch <amy.wordnerd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:06:26 -0500

Hi, all,

Greetings from your friendly listserv administrator. Some business for you.

As listserv admin, I am receiving daily error messages that emails are
"bouncing" from Mysti's inbox. It may be that her college's server is down
after hurricane Rita, or that her inbox is simply filled as she hasn't the
time to empty it. So, I am temporarily removing her from the list, and will
put her back on as soon as she has regular access to email again. Therefore,
she cannot be contacted via this list for a while. I will let you all know
when she is added again.

I have also been receiving notifications about loooooonnnnnnngggg posts.
That is, often posters do not remove any of the old messages to which they
are replying when they compose a new message. As a result, we are sometimes
receiving messages that contain a new message and a trail of many, many
more. I ask that when you reply to a message, delete as much of the old
quoted text as you can before sending. Certainly you do not need to delete
all of it, but please keep only that which you need to in order to provide
context for your new message.

You may now resume normal electronic communication.

Peace out,
Amy