[comicart-l] Re: Geoff Johns (was Re: WW1984)

  • From: Tony Isabella <tonyisabella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: comicartl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 08:05:16 -0500

Black Lightning is, undoubtedly, my legacy. Which is very inconvenient for DC Comics, but which doesn't stop them from publishing comics by editors and writers who have no clue who the character is and what he stands for.

A rare exception was John Ridley's THE OTHER HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE #1. I consider that - and the TV series - to be authentic Black Lightning.

If anyone is interested, I have a Facebook group dedicated to the authentic Black Lightning:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/389785221733976/

Tony Isabella

On 1/18/2021 6:10 PM, Miki A wrote:

Tony,
If Black Lightning did not secure your legacy, those quotes certainly will.
Harlan was one of my favorite writers and I met him at several signings.
After the first, I knew better than to bring my copy of Doomsman for a
signature.
😃

Miki A