[coloredpencils] Fwd: Colored Pencils Art and Culture Night ~ April 26th @ New Columbia

  • From: CP News <artshow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 12:23:11 -0700

On Friday April 26, Colored Pencils will host another Arts and Culture
Night at *New Columbia Housing Community, in the neighborhood of
Portsmouth. *

Home Forward has developed housing for our neighbors in North Portland, but
Colored Pencils will help make it home by creating a safe space for
community members to share their culture through song, story and dance in
what promises to be yet another evening of powerful human expression. The
event will feature artists from all races, creed, socio-ecomic status,
gender, and sexual orientation.  All people are welcome to attend as we
seek to understand one and other and bond in our uniqueness.

Colored Pencils' mission is to promote identity, dignity and equity through
the arts. We facilitate inter-cultural learning among diverse communities
to uphold the dignity of all people by creating an artistically and
culturally rich environment where everyone is bonded in their humanity and
they are safe to express their uniqueness.

Colored Pencils Art and Culture Council is a 501c3 non-profit and
grass-root organization. For more information about this event or the
organization please visit the Colored Pencils website at
www.coloredpencilsart.org.

As all-volunteer organization we appreciate your patience *as once we use
new list serve service you will be able to remove yourself from our list.*

Thank you for your patience once again.

JPEG image