Re: [CollabLaw] Collab divorcee from Korea

  • From: "Douglas J. Sanderson" <dsand@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "CollabLaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <CollabLaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 10:17:34 -0400

I have, though from Japan. If you look very closely at the attachments, you'll become suspicious. It's probably a scam.

Douglas J. Sanderson
Attorney at Law

11350 Random Hills Road, Suite 500 Fairfax, VA 22030-7429
tel (703) 934-1122  fax (703) 352-4300

website |  bio |  vCard |  map |  email

On May 9, 2012, at 9:58 AM, ClydeMorris wrote:

I've received an email from a person claiming to be in Korea and needing help with collecting on a collaborative divorce settlement agreement - but with a couple of twists I've not seen before. Her follow-up email has several attachments, including docs entitled AGREEMENT, DECREE, and COLABO AGREEMENT, and it contains some local information that adds to its credibility but could easily have been obtained online. I've not yet opened the attachments yet but am wondering whether anybody else has received a similar communication, as this one looks otherwise like all the other scams that come through my inbox on a given day.

Thanks,
Clyde

<att2181.gif>
Clyde Y. Morris, LLC
2375 Whippoorwill Lane
Gainesville, GA 30501
404-403-4625
678-943-1817 fax
clydemorris@xxxxxxxxxxx

This transmission is from an attorney and contains information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, copying, or use of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by telephone, and destroy this message. Thank you for your cooperation.