Building Practice Group Teamwork and Unity

  • From: "Tom Nagel" <tomnagel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "collabgroup" <CollabLaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 14:42:43 -0400

Dear Fellow Collaborators:

There has been some discussion here about various techniques to help build practice groups, to enhance the vitality and energy of such groups, to provide them with training aimed at building a thriving collaborative law practice community.

Here in Central Ohio we have been fortunate to have one of the domestic relations court personnel come forward to help us in that regard.

Jerry Daily has been Judge Dana Preisse's bailiff for quite a number of years now. He is unfailingly bright, helpful and pleasant to deal with. He also is avidly involved with an outdoor action sport to which he has invited our collaborative law group for a team-building adventure this coming weekend.

To my knowledge, our collaborative law group will be the first such group to take part in a Collaborative Law Paint Ball Tournament! I expect our experience as domestic relations lawyers will stand us in good stead as we try to keep our heads down, take random pot shots at the opposition and wind up with both sides being heavily smeared.

   It could be worse.   Jerry could have been into bungee jumping.

   Happy April Fools Day, collaborators!

Tom H. Nagel
Judicium Procurator Recuperatio