[codeface] Project name uniqueness database constraint

  • From: Mitchell Joblin <joblin.m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: codeface@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 14:24:01 +0100

Hi,

Is anyone aware of why the project name has a uniqueness constraint in the
database? The reason I ask is because it makes it challenging to analyze
the same project with different analysis methods. For example, if you
analyze project_A with analysis method "proximity" then change only the
analysis method to "file", the analysis will fail because of the uniqueness
constraint. The work around is augmenting the project name with the
analysis method (or anything that makes it unique) before re-running the
analysis using another option. This seems redundant since we anyway already
have a column in the project table that specifies the analysis method.

Strictly from the analysis side, I think there will be no problem with
removing this constraint. I am wondering if the dashboard is somehow
relying on this.

Kind regards,

Mitchell