[cochiselinux] Re: no web pages cont'd

  • From: "Prevett, Larry" <Prevettl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cochiselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 08:02:32 -0700

                                                                         =
      =20
> Tried wvdial with the commands you gave me.  Yet when I enter
> wvdial, the message I receive is cannot open /dev/modem.  My
> modem is at dev/ttyS0 which shows up in the config files.
                                                                         =
      =20
In /etc/wvdial.conf there is a line that says
  Modem =3D /dev/modem
                                                                         =
      =20
just change that to
  Modem =3D /dev/ttyS0
                                                                         =
      =20
#----------
OR
                                                                         =
      =20
you can leave wvdial.conf alone and create a symbolic link
that points /dev/modem to /dev/ttys0:
                                                                         =
      =20
  ln -s /dev/ttyS0 /dev/modem
                                                                         =
      =20
#----------
                                                                         =
      =20
> Any  other suggestions?

Get tech support to verify that the logon username
(to be entered in /etc/wvdial.conf) is "username"
and not something like "VTC/username".
                                                                         =
      =20
You might look in /var/log/messages to see if there
are any clues about where the connection is failing.
                                                                         =
      =20
lp