[cochiselinux] Re: help needed-urgent

  • From: Jeffrey Denton <dentonj@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: cochiselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 07:05:04 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, DANDY King wrote:

> hi
>
> I have problem in sockets.

> our DVR(digital video recording)- uses socket programming for both client
> side and server side.
> i am sending very imp data to server via sockets. i am using send ()
> finctions for sending data.
> in server side i am recv() this data.
> some time i am getting exact data some time i am missing data.
> in server side lot of recv() function we used for different functions.
> example live monitoring,image processing like that,
> ==================================
> some time my data was receved by another funcation, recv() call, really it
> is strange problem i am facing
> please advice me
> it is urgent

http://www.ibrado.com/sock-faq/

Are you using TCP or UDP?  Or just blindly sending data down a cable?
 TCP will do the hard stuff for you and make sure the data gets to where
it's suppose to.  The only time TCP would lose data is if you are using
a custom TCP stack, in which case the implementation if fuxerd.

dentonj

--