[cochiselinux] Ubuntu Hour

  • From: Rex Bouwense <majb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cochiselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 11:07:45 -0700

Since the stay at home policy is still in effect for the state of Arizona and Schlotzsky's remains closed for dining in we will once again conduct the Sierra Vista Ubuntu Hour on line using Big Blue Button.  It will occur on Thursday, 14 May 2020 at 1800 hours.  You do not have to install anything on your computer to participate. Merely launch your browser and go to https://bbb.azloco.net.  Enter your first name (or any name) in the space provided and click join. The next window will ask you how you want to join (with a microphone or listen only).  Select one.  If you choose microphone, you will be directed to an echo test where you speak a few words.  If you hear your voice select yes.  It is recommended that you use a headset for best results.  You may have to mute your internal mic to prevent echo and feed back.  You can also use your camera to have video.  If you choose to do that (it is of course not required), be sure and select low resolution to conserve band width.  We are using Big Blue Button with the permission of the Ubuntu Arizona Local Community Team (AZLOCO) which is on one of their dedicated servers.  Attend the meeting if you can.
Rex Bouwense