[cochiselinux] SuSE installation

  • From: Dick Sears <searsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cochiselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 00:39:37 -0700

I attempted to install SuSE linux on the same machine which refused
to let me install Red Hat 9.

This time, I got different failures from DVD and CD. From CD, the machine
froze at "Transferring [~59 MB] Files to RAM Disk," or words to that effect.
 From DVD, it froze at a blank screen beyond "Installation."  The DVD check
was OK. System Check was unremarkable. Several weeks ago, I tried Man-
drake 8.2, and that bombed, too. I forget the error message.  Red Hat just
gave me a blue screen after the first DOS-like screen, and said "No Signal."

I'm beginning to think I've got a 40GB boat anchor partition.