[cochiselinux] Re: Off topic - HS-FORTH

  • From: "Prevett, Larry" <Prevettl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cochiselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 23:27:07 -0700

At 07:30 PM 3/15/2004, you wrote:
>Looking for a 32 bit version of HS-FORTH written by James Callahan.
>Thanks,
>
>Terrel Miedaner
This is all I could find.

Harvard Softworks  ; James  Callahan   ; 513 748-0390
    PO Box 69 ; Springboro  OH ,  45066 ; USA
    HS/FORTH   ;

at this link:
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/computer-lang/forth-faq/part3/

There's no url and no mention of a 32-bit HSforth.

|When you find it, let me in on the secret.  Mine
|is so old it's probably 8-bit!  It definitely will
|not run under W2K.

big list of forth compilers for linux/dos/win
http://forth.sourceforge.net/system/

A free 32 bit forth compiler that runs in dos (or dosemu)
http://www.forth.ru/smal32/

|Incidentally, what's the current status of FORTRAN?
|I've got the 1984 MS-DOS version and also F for Linux.
|I haven't used the latter.  The former is so cranky,
|it didn't recognize sine and cosine as intrinsic
|functions. I seem to recall that it did recognize some
|more obscure functions, like sinh and gutermania

g77 is a fortran compiler for Linux.
works well.

lp

-- Type: application/ms-tnef