[cochiselinux] Linux on Big Iron

  • From: Tom Ponsford <tponsford@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cochiselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, cochisecc/prevettl <prevettl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 11:50:53 -0700

Well there is a B_B_I_I_G_G IBM s/390 with a high speed array and a variety of
big iron cabinets at the UA auction tommorrow.

The s/390 is in near new condition. And I believe it's the model that will run
linux on the bare metal..no need for the virtual machine.

I say we all pitch in and get it for the college as a fileserver. (LOL)

Still it will go for a fraction of its cost new, which I believe was around
250,000 to 750,000 new depending on model and the way it's equiped. This one,
I think, is a high-end one. I wasn't posted on UA auction website do to a
oversight. so It might not attract some of the big spenders. I took some
pictures

http://personal.riverusers.com/~dponsford/UAauction.html

I have no where to put it. :-(

Tom
--
---
Please do not read this sig. If you have read this far, please unread back to