[cochiselinux] Re: BricsCAD goes Linux (fwd)

  • From: Jeffrey Denton <dentonj@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: cochiselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:32:32 -0700 (MST)

I downloaded the beta version to see how it works.  So far, I haven't
been too impressed.  Instead of rewriting the software to run natively
on Linux, they modified their Windows version so that it runs on WINE.
For those that are not familiar with WINE, it a Windows emulator.  I
haven't heard of too many people successfully using WINE without running
into a lot of problems.

If anyone is interested in trying the beta for themselves, just look at
the press release on BricsCAD's web site for more information.

http://www.winehq.com/

dentonj