[coaches-us] Re: Krav Maga?

  • From: Mark Melonson <mark.melonson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: coaches-us@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 16:46:27 -0600

Polly,

I know of a few Krav Maga practitioners who are blind, but seems like they cross-train in other arts as well. If you are looking for an art that will compliment your 1Touch training I may be able to assist you in finding a place to train that is not diametrically opposed to the principles taught in 1Touch. I'm perfectly willing to also give my rationale as to why Krav would not compliment 1Touch, but I do not wish to go too far off the reservation and end up with a discourse that might be considered off-topic to this mailing list.

Best,
-Mark

On 2/6/2017 4:09 PM, Polly Abbott wrote:

Hi Coaches,

Do any of you also practice Krav Maga?

I was wondering if participating in some classes would enhance my knowledge or practice of doing 1 Touch. I have zero martial arts background and notice how students that do really pick the moves up more quickly than other students. I only mention Krav because that is the only thing close to me.

Is Krav Maga adaptable for a totally blind person to participate in a class? Somewhat or not at all?

Thank you for your opinions!
Polly
Chicago