[co_inspiracion] Fwd: [EQ] Performance Assessment in Primary Health Care

  • From: Mario Parada <mario.parada@xxxxx>
  • To: co_inspiracion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 16:07:57 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ruggiero, Mrs. Ana Lucia (WDC) <ruglucia@xxxxxxxx>
Date: 2013/3/15
Subject: [EQ] Performance Assessment in Primary Health Care
To: EQUIDAD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

** ** ** ** ** **

*Performance Assessment in Primary Health Care:
A Systematic Literature Review*

** **

*CEFAGE-UE Working Paper 2013/03*

Olena Kalinichenko, Carla A. F. Amado, Sérgio P. Santos****

****University** of **Algarve**** - Faculty of Economics and CEFAGE-UE****

Universidade de Évora, Évora, Portugal

****

Available online at: http://bit.ly/1416eDv

****

“……The aim of this research is to carry out a systematic literature review
of the studies devoted to the performance assessment of primary health care
providers. Focusing on the peculiarities of performance evaluation in the
public sector, we analyse the selected empirical papers in terms of the
efficacy of the developed measurement schemes. We also examine and classify
performance measurement categories, dimensions, and techniques in order to
provide a holistic picture of the main developments in the referred domain
and to identify directions for future research.

****

“…..Although the organisational forms of primary health care providers may
vary considerably across the countries, every health system aims at
achieving equitable, efficient and effective delivery of health care
services. In doing so, each system seeks to maximize its positive effect on
health related quality of life of people in different communities.

****

In this study we reviewed existing approaches presented in the relevant
papers to compare performance of primary care providers. In this respect,
different aspects of the performance assessment process were examined in
order to provide an integral picture of the main developments in the
referred domain and to draw a research agenda for the future. In what
follows, we discuss the major results of our analysis.

****

Considering the multiplicity of stakeholders in the health care sector, it
is essential to ensure that the ultimate results of performance measurement
are demanded and of interest to certain stakeholders. Furthermore,
stakeholders’ participation in the development of measurement frameworks
enables to capture the relevant facets of performance within a primary
health care organisation and subsequently to construct robust and feasible
measures.. ….”

****

** **

*KMC/2012/HSS
Twitter* *http://twitter.com/eqpaho* <http://twitter.com/eqpaho>

* **      *     *
This message from the Pan American Health Organization, PAHO/WHO, is part
of an effort to disseminate
information Related to: Equity; Health inequality; Socioeconomic inequality
in health; Socioeconomic
health differentials; Gender; Violence; Poverty; Health Economics; Health
Legislation; Ethnicity; Ethics;
Information Technology - Virtual libraries; Research & Science issues.
 [DD/ KMC Area]
****Washington** **DC** **USA********

“Materials provided in this electronic list are provided "as is". Unless
expressly stated otherwise, the findings
and interpretations included in the Materials are those of the authors and
not necessarily of The Pan American
Health Organization PAHO/WHO or its country members”.
PAHO/WHO Website <http://new.paho.org/equity/>
Equity List - Archives - Join/remove:
http://listserv.paho.org/Archives/equidad.html
*Twitter **http://twitter.com/eqpaho* <http://twitter.com/eqpaho>*
**

*****

 IMPORTANT: This transmission is for use by the intended
recipient and it may contain privileged, proprietary or
confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient or a person responsible for delivering this
transmission to the intended recipient, you may not
disclose, copy or distribute this transmission or take
any action in reliance on it. If you received this transmission
in error, please dispose of and delete this transmission.

Thank you.

GIF image