[climatematters] Free Tools for Comporate energy Performance

  • From: Leslie Coelho <lesliecoelho@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "climatematters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <climatematters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 09:58:47 +0100

Dear All,

I'm not sure how many of you are in a position to influence corporate energy
strategy at work but I'd like to draw your attention to the following.

OpenEco is a new global on-line community that provides free, easy-to-use tools
to help participants assess, track, and compare business energy performance,
share proven best practices to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and
encourage sustainable innovation.
http://openeco.org/

Lots of companies beginning to realise that reducing CO2 emissions make good
business sense because it can also reduce their overheads the investment in
good energy management can increase profitability. Hopefully this new free tool
and tools like it will make it easier for businesses to monitor their energy
usage and asses the benefits of various changes.
LeslieReduce    the amount of the Earth's resources that we use.Reuse
don't just bin it, could someone else make use of it?Recycle   Can the
materials be made into something new?
Get free emoticon packs and customisation from Windows Live.
http://www.pimpmylive.co.uk