[citw150] CITW 150 L3 Q5

  • From: Monica Nickovich <realtree_monica@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Internet Literacy <citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 05:31:32 -0700 (PDT)

The societal issue that I think is out of control these days is the pornography
and obscenity. With the use of internet these days, porn and obscenity is
everywhere. There really is no way to filter completely so there are children
that are having access to it. To me that is just disgusting. I cannot believe
the world has gotten to this point. You would think that with all of the
technology there would be a way to filter all the terrible stuff that is on the
internet. The Supreme Court has made a step in giving communities the tight to
legislate obscenity. An interesting fact: If one is caught, they can be fined
$100,000 and imprisoned for 10 years. There are other countries like Canada and
China that are taking pornography and obscenity more seriously then we are in
the United States. We need to step it up and put an end to it. Young children
do not need to be seeing this kind of filth on the internet. For example, in my
hotmail account, I get a ton of pornographic emails.
 In the subject line they say nothing but filth and demeaning things. It is
just plain disgusting to think that my personal email account gets these kind
of things. I put a filter on it and everything and it really doesn?t help the
problem. There is a website I found that relates to my frustration and concern
about pornography and obscenity on the internet. They even talk about their
hotmail accounts also, which is good to know that I am not the only one
experiencing these awful things. The website is:
http://www.angelfire.com/art/antipornography/. They are the Anti-Pornography
League, and they talk about different issues dealing with pornography. The
first issue is the one with the hotmail account and how they get all this
filthy stuff on there, and on their yahoo account they get none. It talks about
Dwyco video chat and conferencing system. This id just something that people
are able to view and look at all kinds of things on the internet including
porn. Call me crazy,
 but this trend of having pornography and obscenity on the internet has got to
be put to an end. It will only get worse, and it already is if we do not put a
stop to it.

Explore Your Ability and Integrity, Challenge Your Fears, And Most
Importantly... Share Your Love, Unconditionally
  -Anonymous

  Monica Nickovich
  realtree_monica@xxxxxxxxx

countries) for 2¢/min or less.