[citansdnd] 7/24 session

  • From: warrl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: citansdnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 00:29:07 -0700

We resumed Casey's game today. Last session Casey okayed adjusting characters,
I don't
remember the details of the scope but everybody has the same concept with some
adjustment to details.

If you haven't already given/sent Casey a copy of your character sheet, either
email it to him
or hand it to him at the next session. (As far as I know he still doesn't have
Character
Builder, so he needs paper or PDF.)

This session started with rewards from the last session. We are now at 3,250
XP. We got
some gold which I'll detail later. Then we found a sign for an estate sale. It
seems that
another party of adventurers left town intending to be back within the month,
and three
months later their landlord decided to sell off what they left behind to cover
the back rent.

If they were renting a pad like that, and leaving this sort of stuff behind
(and in fact what we
got was the end-of-the-day dregs), I hope we don't have to fight against them
for quite a
while.

Berrian, dressed in street clothing and bearing only daggers (it seemed more
appropriate
for a yard-saling expedition in a rich neighborhood), grabbed a pair of swords
by the blades
- making all metal-weapon-using character in the party twitch - and complained
about how
much cleaning they would need before even being fit for a trinket to give his
uncle. The
rummage-sale price of all the items was a bit over 200 gold; he offered to pay
75 for the lot
so the landlord could go home, and ended up buying it for 100 (thanks to a
decent bluff
check plus several assists).

Then we got hired as guards and will be going to Japan. Our employer is rather
eccentric
and was basically looking specifically for us (which made us highly suspicious
of a trap)
because we plus his servants/staff happen to create "matched sets", which at
this point
definitely include male and female minotaurs plus male and female trolls.

There's also a human shaman - a new player, I forget his name, let's see if he
shows up
regularly. If I heard correctly the character's name is Kirag, but I am quite
unsure of that.

The employer's name is Ho Cheng. The Beggar's Guild recommended him to us and
vice
versa.

Considering our substantial recent income, Berrian asked the party's OK to take
a portion of
his share of the party wealth in gold to pay "a moral obligation". No details
were offered on
why he owes this obligation. Everyone present okayed his taking 215 gold. He
promptly
went off toward the temple of the Pantheon.

Okay, gold and stuff.

1760 gold for previous adventures
-100 gold spent at the rummage sale
+500 gold up front payment on our new job
-215 gold distributed to Berrian

Rummage sale loot and who claimed it:

Berrian: Bloodclaw Butterfly Sword (Short Sword plus Brutal 1) +1, a matched
pair
The warden (sorry, don't remember character name): Heavy Shield of Protection +1
Yueldroon: Ornament of Alertness +1
Assad: Opportunistic Dagger +1
Assad: Boots of Spider Climbing
Jebediah: Chainmail of Durability +1
Thom: Staff of the Third Eye +1
Unclaimed: some enchanted clothing, details not known
Unclaimed: a ritual scroll and a chest that relates to the ritual somehow
Unclaimed (possibly for Diane's fighter|cleric): Symbol of Confrontation +1
Unclaimed: Orb of Sanguinary Repercussions +1
Unclaimed: Glaive Magic Weapon +2

Total book value of the identified items is 9,400 GP.