[cisb102willard] post cisb102willard CISB-102 Lesson: 6 Question: 1

  • From: finchl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: cisb102willard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 19:23:50 -0500

CISB-102  Lesson: 6  Instructor: Nancy Willard  Student: Lonnie Finch

1.      Finding a Job on the Internet

I used Monster.com http://www.monster.com/ to look for a job.

At Monster.com you can post your resume and search their database at no
cost. You do need to register with them. There privacy statement looks
real good so that should not be a problem.

This site has much more to offer I think it is a good site to take a
look at.

US-MI-Holland-Network Engineer                  USFreightways enjoys an
enviable
vantage point on the landscape of the fluid logistics industry. Our
coast-to-coast network of LTL and TL carriers are top performers with a
loyal and growing customer base. Our freight forwarding and logistics
units are developing ever-more innovative solutions for customers?
distribution, processing and transportation needs. Our information
technology team is committed to making us the industry?s technology
leader. And, our opportunity to gain share in all of our markets around
the world has never been greater.To stay competitive and offer customers
the level of services they expect, we are making significant investments
in information technology. We intend to be the industry leader in
information management. Our ongoing mission is to provide a seamless
suite of information services across all of our operating companies.
During 2000, we doubled the size of our corporate Information Technology
team to accelerate our development of next-generation Web services and
other IT systems. We recognize this is an evolving process that will
require substantial resources in the year ahead as we launch new and
next-generation systems throughout our network.Few organizations in the
logistics and transportation industry can match the reach and magnitude
of the USFreightways network. Beyond size, our real advantage is our
people. We look for performance-oriented people with the determination
and expertise to get things done. Conceptual thinkers who see daylight
before others even see the tunnel.Our commitment to innovative and
quality technological solutions continues to fuel the expansion of our
corporate IT staff. This position is located at our USF Holland facility
in Holland, Michigan. Network EngineerPosition involves working both
independently and collectively in the design and implementation of local
and wide area networks. A Network Engineer will also assist in
troubleshooting performance and connectivity problems with other members
of the Information Technology department. The Network Engineer must have
a strong background in networking and expert knowledge of Cisco
products. This is a complex and challenging environment. The network
consists of over 500 locations and utilizes many networking
technologies.Job Requirements:· Design local/wide area network (LAN/WAN)
based on performance, growth, and availability needs.· Develop and
maintain network diagrams and documentation.· Retrieve and interpret
network performance data. Recommend configuration changes and updates
based on data.· Provide second level support and troubleshooting for
components and systems that comprise the local and wide area networks.·
Work both independently and with outside vendors on investigating new
network technologies.· Conduct routine network security and procedural
audits on the components and systems that comprise the local and wide
area networks.Accountabilities:· Meeting project deadlines· Providing
both verbal and written communication in a timely manner· Responsiveness
to customer needs· Job knowledge and keeping abreast of new
technologies· Ability to evaluate alternatives in an unbiased
fashionEducation:Bachelor?s degree in an accredited Engineering,
Computer Science or related curriculum. Certification as a CCNA is
required; a CCDP/CCNP would be preferred.Experience:3 or more years of
relevant experience.Skills & Technical Knowledge:Extensive experience in
LAN/WAN based technologies, Cisco IOS, and network security. Strong
analytical and troubleshooting abilities.USFreightways Corporation
supports a drug free environment and is committed to a diverse
workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V.
Additional Information
Position Type: Full Time Ref Code: Network Engineer
Contact Information
Human Resourcesusfhollandtechjobs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Freightways
Corporation8550 W. Bryn Mawr AvenueChicago IL 60631Fax: 773-824-2246
Click here to see all "US Freightways Corporation" opportunities EMAIL
THIS JOB TO A FRIENDAPPLY ONLINE