[cisb102willard] Lesson 6 Question 1

  • From: "FLORENE KAY COMBS" <combsf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cisb102willard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 18:17:09 -0500

Attached is the job listing that I found on the URL:  =
http://www.jobhuntersbible.com/jobs/listsites.shtml#stateemp

-- HTML Attachment decoded to text by Listar --
-- File: R=150.html

 Computer Platform Engineer

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

General Motors [IMG]
[IMG][IMG][1][IMG][2][IMG][3][IMG][4][IMG][5][IMG][6]
Benefits[7]Products and Services[8]Financials[9]About Us[10]Home[11]Job
Search[12] [IMG][IMG]
[IMG][IMG]
Job Title: Computer Platform Engineer
  * Location: Warren, MI

    * Job Category: Engineering, Computer

    * Job Type: Full-time

    * Job ID: CareerBuilder/JT-103004

    * Job Description:

    GM is going places. You can, too.

    General Motors is changing faster than you can say &#34;crossover
vehicle,&#34; opening the door for new thinking, new technologies and new
breakthroughs in global automotive practices. Including spectacularly
exciting vehicles like the next-generation Hummer and soon-to-be-introduced
Cadillac luxury roadster. Plus cutting-edge technologies like our highly
popular OnStar in-vehicle information system. This means unprecedented
professional challenges and career growth supported by the global strength
only the world's largest industrial corporation and full-line vehicle
manufacturer can offer.

    Job Summary:
    The Computer Platform Engineer we seek will work within our North
AmericaProduct Development Global Telematics operations in Warren, MI on
hardware for OnStar Communication Systems.

    He/she will lead the design &#38;development of a Computing Platform
applicable to high volume automotive applications. Will also develop
performance requirements for the computing platform (MIPS, Memory Size,
architecture) based upon set of use cases, develop specification
requirementsfor implementation of a Virtual Machine or Win CE platform,
define architecture partitioning and sourcing strategy associated with the
implementation of a Virtual Machine integrated into an existing telematics
module, and define standard API's for telematics feature content.

    Experience Requirements:
    - You must be proficient in JAVA Programming, including Object Oriented
Analysis and Design Experience.
    - You must also be knowledgeable and have a good understanding of
JAVAVirtual Machine, Development Kits, and AUTO JAVA Environment.
    - A good understanding of hardware (microprocessor and DSP operation)
andsoftware design is also needed; knowledge of real-time operating systems
is preferred.

    Education Requirements:
    - Candidates must possess a BSEE degree or equivalent training; MSEE
preferred.

    Skills Requirements:
    - You must also have strong written communication skills to succeed in
API specification development projects and strong verbal communication
skillsto interact with supply base.

    We're looking for Top Talent to fill this key position. Ideal candidates
are experienced professionals who possess the ideas, ambition, and desire to
play a key role in shaping our future and our future products. If that
soundslike you, forward your resume (with ?Source Code: CareerBuilder? on
theupper right corner of your resume document) to: GM-Jobs@xxxxxxxxxxx or
General Motors North America, P.O. Box 69, Nutting Lake, MA 01865-0069. For
detailed career descriptions and to submit your resume via our Web site,
visit: gm.com/careers

    The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified
applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual?s
age,race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation,
disability or veteran status.

To apply for this position do one of the following:
* Send an e-mail[13] with a resume and cover letter in the body of the
e-mail(or as attachments). Attachments should be in one of the following
standard formats:
  * HTML
    * Microsoft Word (Mac or Windows), RTF, Works, Write or Excel
    * WordPerfect (Mac or Windows)
    * Lotus Word Pro, AMI Pro or 1-2-3
    * ASCII or Unicode text (plain text)
  Note: QuarkXpress and PageMaker files cannot be accepted. Compressed
documents (Zip, BinHex, TAR, UUencode, etc.) are not recommended. -- OR --
* Complete this form by copying the text of your resume and cover letter
intothe boxes provided. Computer Platform Engineer Name:(Required)
E-mail address:(Required)
  Resume Text: (Required; Do not format the text after copying it into this
box.)

  Cover Letter Text: (Optional; Do not format the text after copying it into
this box.)

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

--- Links ---
   1 http://www.generalmotors.com/careers/benefits.htm