[cisb102su01] Root, Mike Lesson 6 Question 1 Find a job

  • From: "Education0001" <education0001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Listserv" <cisb102su01@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 21:32:25 -0500

Mike Root

Internet Literacy

CISB102_81635

Lesson 6

Question 1

Thursday, April 04, 2002

1.    Finding a Job on the Internet

I went to http://jobsearch.careers.msn.com/ and searched for jobs related to
Internet/E-Commerce near Detroit, Michigan. I sent a copy of a listing to my
listserv. I'm a little iffy, but here is the URL
http://jobsearch.careers.msn.com/getjob.asp?JobID=14152509&col=&cy=US&brd=1&lid=470&fn=554&q=&AVSDM=2002%2D03%2D27+15%3A33%3A00%2E000&CCD=my%2Ecareers%2Emsn%2Ecom&JSD=jobsearch%2Ecareers%2Emsn%2Ecom&HD=company%2Ecareers%2Emsn%2Ecom&AD=http%3A%2F%2Fjobsearch%2Ecareers%2Emsn%2Ecom%2Fjobsearch%2Easp%3Fcy%3DUS%26ss%3D0%26brd%3D1%26lid%3D470%26fn%3D554%26q%3D%26%3DSearch%2BJobs&Logo=0.

As you can see, it might not work, but if you go to
http://jobsearch.careers.msn.com/ and search for Internet/E-Commerce jobs in
Detroit, Michigan you will find it listed by the Stone Age Corporation under
Internet Applications Developer.

To post a resume, I went to
http://my.careers.msn.com/login.asp?redirect=/resume.asp. The first step
towards creating or posting my resume is to register by going here
http://my.careers.msn.com/new.asp?ID=enableRedirect&redirect=%2Fresume%2Easp.

I have to enter this information like my address, references, phones, email,
experience, and stuff like that.

Initially, it doesn't cost anything to register or post your resume. I have a
total of 5 resumes I can post. That pretty much means I am getting a free trail
until I want to start paying for more and better services.

I can use this web site, which is partnered with Monster.com, to create a
resume. I just follow the easy steps and I'm on my way to a new job.

HEY! Check out this awesome resume I made. It is only an example, but is good
stuff! You can use this site to do something like this and it is free, and very
professional looking. This is definitely something I will look into when I
enter the job market. It was free to post THIS
http://my.careers.msn.com/viewresume.asp?resumeid=20974008&original=current. I
could land a job making 60,000.00 a year, for nothing. I mean the resume costs
nothing. That's like spending 10 cents to buy a $100 dollar bill.

Most definitely this web site and its tools are a very priceless asset that
would pay for itself with the first prospective person who looks at it. I could
surely wreak major benefits out of this site with some more qualifications to
put in. A resume posted here is a very nice investment. Very little time, no
money involved, and huge potential for return. Check out that resume, I'm
serious!
http://my.careers.msn.com/viewresume.asp?resumeid=20974008&original=current.
The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

Mike Root