[cisb102sp02] Lesson 4, Q 4, Telnet

  • From: "storyteller" <emriley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "CISB 102 listserv" <cisb102sp02@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 12:47:57 -0400

Hi class!

At http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/doc/eegtti/eeg_toc.html#SEC97 I learned some of
the things that can be done with telnet.  Some of them are to explore
libraries, accessing a BBS system and File transfer (FTP).

At http://www.cyberspace.org I found out about GREX, which is a computer
conferencing system out of Ann Arbor that is supported by donations, but
membership is not needed to do the basic things.  I logged myself into the
system, giving myself the name of storytel, and read some of the many messages,
and then used the e-mail feature to send an e-mail to my friend, with a copy to
myself on my regular e-mail account, and was able to retrieve the e-mail -- it
worked!

Elaine Riley "storyteller"
emriley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fog by Carl Sandberg