[cisb102sp02] CISB 102 Lesson 3 Q8

  • From: David Ripley <thelinuxkid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Listserv for CISB 102 <cisb102sp02@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 22:42:16 -0500

Jargon:
1) Newbie
2) MUD - I don't play them
3) Hacker - and I am glad they talked about the difference between
hacker and cracker, people should know that HACKERS != BAD, those are
crackers. (In C programming, "!=" means does not equal)
4) Snail mail - I don't use it :-)
5) TCP/IP -  Also a really nice protcol to use when setting up a
network. Using DHCP really makes it a lot easier.
6) Baud - I am glad I dont use a modem anymore ;-)
7) Beta - First edition of every new Windows release ;-)
8) Firewall - If you have high-speed internet access, you should use one.
9) Bandwidth - I am glad I dont use a modem anymore! :-)
10) Flame War - On a message board these can be fun to watch.

--
David Ripley