[ciphershed] Re: PMC

  • From: "Alain Forget" <aforget@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 15:06:30 -0400

The election has now ended. My understanding was that we are using a
for(+)/against(-) scheme, where to be elected, one needed most votes for than
against, and that it seems that 8 people voted, here are the final tallies:

Bill: +7 -1 = +6   ELECTED
Stephen: +7 -1 = +6   ELECTED
Chris: +7 -1 = +6   ELECTED
Frank: +5 -3 = +2   ELECTED
Peter: +4 -4 = 0   NOT ELECTED
Nilkas: +7 -1 = +6   ELECTED
Alain: +8 -0 = +8   ELECTED
Jason: +7 -1 = +6   ELECTED
Sabbath: +2 -6 = -4   NOT ELECTED

So according to this, the founding PMC will be Bill, Stephen, Chris, Frank,
Niklas, Alain, and Jason.

If anyone doesn't agree with my counting of the votes, please say so and let's
discuss. This was also cross-posted on the PMC election forum thread:
https://forum.ciphershed.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=42&p=276#p276

In the meantime, could someone please set up a PMC mailing list for us to
beginning discussing next steps?

I'd also like to mention that I'm surprised and flattered that it seemed
everyone wanted me on the PMC (as though someone *only* voted for me). So thank
you everyone for that strong vote of confidence. :-)

Alain